Monday, November 07, 2005

The Long Halloween

I don't know about you people, but Halloween, or more specificly the celebration of Halloween, seemed really long this year. It has taken me a week just to get my head back on straight. People seem to to start celebrateing as early as Thursday to 27th. They partied their way threw the whole weekend. Not me! I spend Friday on the Road to Jackson and Back, so I could pick stuff up from the Parents house.
I only got to rock out on Saturday night. I don't really know what I went as. I start out as crooked Bible salesman but by the end of the night my answer just turned into "drunk!".
Started Saturday night at Shandees Halloween Party. The hostess herself was looking lovely as the angel she was dressed to be. I still don't know what is going on between her and myself, but..... I didn't know alot fo people there, but the few I knew or the few I meet, seemed like good folks. Jamar, dress as a pimp in his usual three piece suit, picks up the whole party and moves it and it very drunk attends to the Hippo for the "Hell-o-ween" party. The original cast was playing(this band is made up of all the oldest suriving member of H'burg underground/punk rock scene) and rocking out. Here I know alot more people, Andrew Williams and his date dressed as a Priest and Nun, Rebecca looking hot as hell as A Kung Fu Girl, and Mik and Cris dressed as Superman and Wonder Woman. Jamar even got up and sang "Hey ya" with the band. A punk rock band covering Outkast with a 6 foot three blackman with dread in a three piece suit. Surreal just about covers that image.
Anyway, Sunday was the day most family in the Burg took their little ones out. Ethan Noffka ,at a 15 months, went as Darth Vader. It almost makes this old fanboy want to cry. But Ethan has always, thanks to his parents, been the coolest kid. He even had a Misfits Oney.
Sadly on Monday the 31st, Halloween, I was stuck at work at least in beginning. From about 3 to 7pm I did prep work and stood around alot. Really who goes out to eat on Halloween. Maybe if it was a week end, but on a Monday and its Halloween. Basically I am saying we where not busy. Still it was neat to see everyone custome at work. The Waiters came as a cowboys, Indian Jones, Vampires,and Pimps, and the Doll Boy (Heh Heh!). The waitress came in as little as legal possible, not that I am complaining. School Girl outfits, Snow White, Cowgirls, Ho's, and Vampires. I can't help but feel they made more money than the guys that night.
When I finally returned home, it was to late to dress up so I just put on a pair of jeans and flannal shirt, pulled my hair down in my face and if anyone asked I would say I was Curt Cobain. Laziest costum ever.
I don't know if eveyones Halloween was as long as mine, hell is reality mean wasn't that long. But it seemed like a long Halloween!

3 Comments:

Blogger Baldman76 said...

Oh boy, do I have you beat! On Saturday night, we had two friends over, had a nice dinner, and carved 2 pumpkins. We stayed up kinda late. Sunday I did some homework, and on Halloween itself I went to class and then did more homework!

Take that, Mr. Partyboy. I be keepin' it REAL.

6:15 PM  
Blogger IPW said...

OH! I am sorry I didn't realize this was a competition!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Baldman76 said...

It's not a competition. It's just how I live it.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home