Wednesday, January 07, 2009

New Year, New Blah, Blah, Blah.....

So its 2009.......yeah, well, great.

I don't know what you tell you. I had some ideas about end of year post for 2008, but none of them panned out. Seriously 2008 was damn bit depressing for me. I can't tell you much about it. As a year, it kinda sucked and I'm glad its gone. Hell even new years eve sucked. What did I end up doing, just going to a bar and watching a few bands play. Don't get me wrong, I like the new George Street and the bands where great, but it was New Years Eve. I had not one, but two trips to NOLA fall threw, and I didn't even get to kiss Amanda, because she had to stay home. I could have gone to Hattiesburg, the coast, anywhere....But I digress.

I had thought I would do a top ten albums of the year, but I realized most of what I bought this year came out in 2007. Very sad! Anyway, my favorite album of last year, shock of shocks turned out to be
The Black Key's Attack and Release. Another great Album from last year was, of all things,The Soundtrack to Rock n Rolla. It has a strange mix of classic garage, like The Sonics, The Clash, and Wanda Jackson. Plus some new school stuff like The Hives (a personal favorite of mine), The Subways, and Black Strobe (who sound like NIN doing Muddy Waters songs). You should check it out.

Anyway enough about last year. We all got to start thinking about this year. We got a new President, but the economy is in the toilet and war is running wild in the Middle East, Africa, and Asia Minor. The Mayor of Jackson is either going to jail and/or will die of heart problems. Which would put him in the company of alot of other political and business folks. Its just crazy ass shit all around.

But on a personal note, I got high hopes for 2009.

I have a woman, I'm very into. Our relationship is complicated, but it can only get better. I mean seriously, how could it be worse than being totally alone?

I got a job, which is better than alot of people right now. And while it may not be the greatest, I can use it to help me look for a better one. I'm not going to be caught off guard by unemployement again.

Plus, I don't have resolutions, but I do have some ideas for this year.

First, I need to excise more. I know everyone says this, but I really am starting to feel bad, health wise. There isn't anything wrong with me, but I just don't feel well about myself.

Next I am going to work on my Spanish. I have spoken some Spanish for years. I have never spoken it well, and I feel that I should go back and really work on the basics.

Lastly, I am going work on my music. I know most of you have never heard me play or anything. Thats okay. I'm not a good musician, and I don't even expect I will be. But I would like a better understanding of music. So I am setting out to not just play guitar better but to understand what I am play, with the study of music theory.

Any-who, I hope everyone is having a good new year!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home