Sunday, December 14, 2008

Classic Rock Sunday.....

I don't know what it is about Sundays. Maybe its all the serious music in church on Sunday Morning? Maybe it all the trying to be cool on Friday and Saturday nights? Maybe it all the sports that come on the TV? But Sundays just seem built for classic rock. I remember when I was very young, we would get up very early and go to sun rise mass, then pack the boat and head up the Pearl river north of the reservoir. We would find a beach along the river. My sister and I would play in the water if we were luck other families would be there with kids our age. Dad would dig a pit and start a fire. Around the pit he would fill four can with water and place a grill over it to cook burgers. Mom would sit under the umbrella and read a book. But it seemed always in the background would be someones radio playing 94Tix or Z106. I always remembered, it was time to go home when the Doctor Demento show came on. As I look back now, those are great memories and I should thank my parents for them. I also remember going fishing with dad and listen to David Adcock on the original "Tunes till 2!" Of course as I have gotten older not much has changed. Just a few years ago as we canoed down the Okatoma or Black Creek, my friends and I would listen to "The All 80s Weekend!" While it might not sound like a classic rock Sunday, I am continually surprised by what is defined as "Classic Rock". Hell, a few years ago I found a "Urban" channel that ran "Hip Hop Classics!" on Sunday. I don't know, there is just something about Sunday that make it built for the classic rock. That said, I just thought I would share some classic rock with you...

The Doors - Roadhouse Blues
Joe Cocker - She Came in Through the Bathroom Window
Traffic - Dear Mister Fantasy
Lou Reed - Walk on the Wild Side
Spencer Davis Group - Give Me Some Love'n
Led Zepplin - House of the Holy
The Beatles w/ Billy Preston - Get Back
Warron Zevon - Werewolves of London
ZZ Top - Waiting on the Bus/Jesus Left Chicago

So...kick back...think of simplier, happier times Oh and have a nice day!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home