Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Adventures In Unemployement...Day 3

I meant to write yesterday, but I really didn't have anything new to add to what was written Sunday. Plus I suffered a slight freak out. I had hoped that the freak out would come on Sunday night while I was drinking a case of High Life but no, it waited till I sobered up. But I have been getting my resume out to people. Between Careerbuilder, Monster, and the head hunters that uses those boards I have made a good start. I even heard from one of the head hunters today. So that is a plus. I hopefully will have another soul crushing job in no time. But....

I can't help of think of the holy words of Tyler Durden,

" Only when you have lost everything are you free to do anything "

They just popped into my head Sunday night. And I can't shake them off. As long as I am paying my bill and whatever I really could do anything right now. I have thougth of going to Brewmaster School and learning to make beer. I have thought about enrolling in Massage Therapy School. I have thought of selling everything I own and moving to New Zealand, Ireland, Spain, Sengal, or Fuji. I know that last one is just a pipe dream, but I seriously feel like I am missing out on something. I have never been the 9 to 5 type and I knew I don't want to work in an office. But I'm not really trained to do alot. My study of history has not made me ready to do anything but study history or teach history. Neither of those sound like good options at this point. I can cook, which is how I have ended up where I am. But do I want to go to culinary school. If I was going to do something like that I would rather learn to make beer.
I guess I just don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Which is sad and scary at 32.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger WonderGirl said...

Man, Ian, that stinks. I'm sorry about your job! The beer school sounds cool, though. I could see you doing well in that industry! Seriously, I mean it!

I know it's frustrating to be at this crossroads again, but it sounds like you've got the right approach. This is an opportunity, not a set-back. Good luck in your search! :)

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home