Monday, June 22, 2009

Now that is Hot!

Now I don't mean to harp on how hot it is here. But I heard about this on the radio and knew I just had to post about it.

Heat blamed on I-55 lane closure
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Officials with the LouisianaDepartment of Transportation and Development (DOTD) has closed the left lane of I-55 southbound between Hammond and Independence to allow crews to repair part of the road that have buckled because of the heat.
They say the lane closure will allow crews to repair the buckled portions of concrete and replace expansion joints in the area.
They say the left lane will be closed all day until the repairs are complete, but the right lane will stay open.
The detour for traffic is U.S. 51.
The closure is expected to last about a week.


That is how hot it is here. The heat buckled concrete and steel. Am I the only one that thinks that that is insane!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home