Friday, August 05, 2005

I don't know how to feel about this

The new Mayor of Jackson, Frank Melton, wants to start testing 6th thru 12th graders in Jackson Public Schools for drugs. But he wants to do it to help this kids get some treatment. I am conflicted on my feelings about this. I know testing every student is a way to keep random drug testing and profiling out of school, but it still feels like it is violating civil rights to me. But if little Johnny is coming to school blazed out of his mind, it seem like he should be getting some help. I am not against the causul drug use, I drink, sometimes to much. I know ALOT of pot smokers and have meet more than I would like for hard drug(Cocaine, Herion, Meth) users. I just wonder about the policies that will govern a program like this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home