Saturday, July 23, 2011

Song of the Day



I am sure you will hear alot of jokes about how maybe she should have gone to Rehab. But not here. I hope that God can ease her troubled soul and that she finds the peace in death that she did not find in life.
As Mary and I were driving today, she stated that she did not understand the people who use drunks. She understood, or so she says, the power it seems to have in freeing up inhibitions, but not the effect to consume a persons whole life
The only answer that I could come up with was that the drugs filled some kinda hole in their life. As I thought on it some more, I thought about how we fill our lives with stuff. Addiction is a very real problem, but it usually starts from some psychological need. Does the drive to succeed or the desperation of failure force us to find some way to fill the void. Some people fill those voids with alcohol, drugs, sex, work, religion, etc, etc...but all of those things are transitory and escapist because they are used for the wrong reasons.

I don't have any answers or conclusions, just some thoughts on the nature of our nature.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home