Wednesday, August 23, 2006

My Last Hub City Blues

ARTIST SONG ALBUM
Glenn Lee- Joyful Sounds- Sacred Steel Instrumental
Gov't Mule- Soulshine- The Deep End vol. 1
Buddy Guy- Baby, Please Don't Leave Me- Sweat Tea
R.L. Burnside- Goin Down South- Burnside on Burnside
Moreland,Arbuckle, & Floyd- Long Past Midnight- Floyd's Market
Richard Johnston- Do the Romp- Official Bootleg #1
The Black Keys- Your Touch- Your Touch
Professor Longhair- Mardi Gras in New Orleans- Rock n' Roll Gumbo
Hazmat Modine- Who Walks In When I Walk Out- Bahamut
Ali Farke Toure- Beto- Savane
Solomon Burke- Does My Ring Burn Your Finger- Nashville
The Fremonts- Pocket Full Of Money- Mighty Crazy
The Fremonts- Chunk A Rock- Mighty Crazy
The Fremonts- Mighty Crazy- Mighty Crazy
Adolphus Bell- Ain't No Sunshine- One Man Band
Lead Belly- In the Pines- Where Did You Sleep Last Night
Sun House- Death Letter Blues- Revisited
Robert Johnson- Sweet Home Chicago- The Complete Recordings
John Hammond- Big Black Mariah- Wicked Grin
Canned Heat- Never Get Out of These Blues Alive- Friends In the Can
Otis Rush- Gambler's Blues- All Your Love I Miss Loving
Slim Harpo- I'm a King Bee- Excello Singles Anthology
Elmore James- Rollin and Tumblin- Shake Your Money Maker
Mississippi Fred McDowell- Kokomo Blues- Very Best of....
John Lee Hooker- Boom Boom- Very Best of ...

Well here it is, my last time to do Hub City Blues (See Above Post for Reason). I have really loved doing this show over the last three years(only the last year is chronciled here),and I only missed a hand full of shows in that time. I have discovered all types of great music because of it.
I think at some point everyone wants to be on TV or the Radio, and I can say I honestly did it. Really its a pretty geek thing to sit in a room by yourself and play music but I enjoyed the hell out of it. Because I am pretty geeky.
I will miss doing this and miss working at the radio station. Okay, I will miss stealing all that music from the radio station too! But that two hours a week keep me focused and sane during some rough and crazy times.
I give a toast the HCB and hope who ever replace loves it as much as I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home