Monday, November 21, 2011

Save the Internet!

Hopefully this will be the last political thing I write for awhile, but if you don't stand up and protect your rights, "They" will try to take them from you.



I want creative people to be paid for their work. I do. Just not at the expense of my freedom of speech. I think the Internet has become a huge tool in the area of human expression. To give the government the ability to shut down or edit websites for "fear" that some one, some where, might see a movie or hear a song for free is insane. This bill is so vague in its wording that it will give 1984ish powers to the government to control the flow of information on the Internet. And that is what these seems like to me, an attempt to legalize the control of information on the World Wide Web. If you don't want the government to have control over what you do with your body, why would to trust them to have control over what you know with your mind.
Contact your Congress Person & your Senator and tell them no to S.O.P.A and the Protect IP act.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home