Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Lenten Discipline

The question of the last few day has been what are you giving up for Lent?
The short answer for me is NOTHING!

I don't know when, how, or why, but the Episcopal Church believes that if you take on positive habitat it is as good as giving up a bad one.

So I am taking up running, again. I was running almost everyday in the fall and I don't really know why I stopped. Lazy? Cold/Rainy Weather? Etc, etc.....

So for my Lenten Discipline I am Running. And to help me stay focus and honest (and to shame me into maintaining my discipline), I am going to be posting my results for the 40 days of lent.

Day 1(today): 2.26 miles in 23 minutes

Not my best time. Back in November I was up to 5 miles of solid running in 45 minutes. But it not a bad place to (re)start.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home